AAA Editor Notes
T. Elliot Weier Redwood Grove is within the UC Davis Arboretum along Putah Creek; Lot 5 is the closest visitor parking to the redwood grove. The redwood grove consists of about 150 trees named after the botany professor at the university who helped create the arboretum in 1936.
The grove, one of the largest collections of coast redwoods outside their native range, was planted by students and faculty beginning in 1941. Many of the trees, still in their infancy, are 60 to 70 feet tall. Interpretive placards explain the history of the grove and the redwood trees.
Picnicking is permitted.