AAA Editor Notes
The Guest House Museum, 343 N. Main St., is the 1892 three-story Victorian home built by the city's first mayor, who also was the founder of the Union Lumber Co. It became the company's “guest house” in 1912. Local history is depicted inside, while outside are locomotives and steam donkeys, a type of engine used in the logging industry. The nearby Fort Building is the only structure remaining from the town's 1857-64 military post; it contains a model of the original structure and historical artifacts.