Mission San Antonio de Padua is 23 mi. s.w. via Jolon Rd., surrounded by Fort Hunter Liggett. The mission was founded by Father Junípero Serra on July 14, 1771. Abandoned 1882-1928, partially because of its remote location, the mission has been restored to resemble its 1813 appearance. Original remains include the well, gristmill, tannery and parts of the aqueduct system. A museum exhibits Native American artifacts. The mission's annual fiesta is held the second Sunday in June.
Note: A valid ID, vehicle registration and proof of insurance are required to enter the fort. Guided tours are available by appointment.