Kelso Depot Visitor Center is on Kelso Cima Rd. just e. of Kelbaker Rd. This restored 1924, two-story Mission Revival-style structure includes a small theater that shows a short orientation film about the Mojave National Preserve, and exhibits have the same focus. One exhibit includes a recording of the booming sounds made when sand cascades down the surface of the Kelso Dunes. Two rooms show how the train crew and staff sleeping quarters were furnished, while other rooms display train memorabilia. The Desert Light Gallery houses rotating art exhibits by local artists.