AAA Editor Notes
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument, bounded by Alameda, Arcadia and Main sts. and Cesar E. Chavez Ave., consists of 44 acres. Near the site of the pueblo where Los Angeles was established in 1781, this oldest section of the city reflects the ethnic background and heritage of the diverse groups who settled here and contributed to the city's development. Some historic landmarks have been restored. Further information is available at the El Tranquilo Gallery and Visitor Center located at 634 N. Main St. off Olvera Street.
Guided tours are available.