El Pueblo Plaza (Old Plaza)

125 Paseo de la Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012- Map It
(213) 485-6855

AAA Editor Notes

El Pueblo Plaza (Old Plaza), N. Main St., was the center of activity in the old pueblo of Los Angeles. It contains an ornate kiosk; Moreton Bay fig trees planted in the 1870s; a statue of Felipe de Neve, leader of the group that founded the city in 1781; a statue of Father Junípero Serra, founder of the Alta California missions; and a statue of King Carlos III, ruler of Spain at that time.