Lower Lake Historic Schoolhouse Museum

16435 Main St.
Lower Lake, CA 95457- Map It
(707) 995-3565

AAA Editor Notes

Lower Lake Historic Schoolhouse Museum is at 16435 Main St. This 1877 brick schoolhouse served as the town's grammar school until 1935. An excellent, well-organized collection features a model of Cache Creek Dam, displays of late 19th- and early 20th-century clothing, Native American artifacts, a re-created classroom and a re-created Victorian parlor. The upstairs auditorium is a venue for art shows and theatrical productions. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.
Donations.
Hours: Wed.-Sat. 11-4. Closed Jan. 1, Easter, July 4, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas.