AAA Editor Notes
Old Mission Santa Barbara is at E. Los Olivos and Laguna sts. Called the “Queen of the Missions,” Old Mission Santa Barbara was founded Dec. 4, 1786, the Feast of St. Barbara. Completed in 1820, it is one of the best preserved of the missions. The original 1790s living quarters for missionaries and guests are now museum rooms that feature collections of period artifacts.
The mission church contains examples of 18th- and 19th-century Mexican art, and a Moorish fountain, built in 1808, graces the front of the mission.