AAA Editor Notes
Pedro St. James Castle National Historic Site is s. on Hirst/Pedro Castle Road, following signs. The 8-acre (3-hectare) site contains a restoration of one of the island's oldest structures, a 1780 plantation house built by English settler William Eden. Revered as the “Birthplace of Democracy in the Cayman Islands,” the house was the 1831 meeting site of residents who established government by representation. The three-story manor features period Caribbean furniture. A multimedia theater offers a 25-minute film about the “Pedro Castle.”
Guided tours are available.