AAA Editor Notes
Cathedral faces Plaza de Armas. This ornate, twin-towered church of pink-hued stone is perhaps northern Mexico's finest example of baroque architecture. Although it was begun in 1725, Indian wars delayed completion until 1826. To the left of the main entrance is the beautiful Christ of Mapimí Chapel, where a cross-shaped niche holds a venerated image of Christ.
Daily 7 a.m.-8 p.m.