AAA Editor Notes
Historical Museum of the Revolution (Museo Histórico de la Revolución) is about 1 km (.6 mi.) s. of the historic city center at Calle 10a #3010, 2 blks. n. of Av. Ocampo and 2 blks. e. of Av. 20 de Noviembre. The mansion was the home of Pancho Villa, a revolutionary leader who sympathized with the hardships endured by the Mexican peasant majority. It also is referred to as Quinta Luz in honor of Villa's wife Dona Luz, who lived here until her death in the early 1980s.The mansion's front portion is arranged around an open courtyard in which stands the bullet-riddled Dodge Villa was riding in when he was ambushed and killed. Two floors of exhibit rooms are dedicated to the Mexican Revolution of 1910 and include displays of military uniforms, period firearms (revolvers and some machine guns), and a collection of photographs of Villa and his cohorts.Exhibit information is in Spanish and English.