Adams County Museum Complex is at 9601 Henderson Rd. Adams County and Colorado history, from prehistoric times to the early 20th century, is presented in three galleries. Buildings include a restored 1887 Victorian house; a working blacksmith’s shop; and replicas of a one-room schoolhouse, a 1920s-era Conoco service station and a fire station with a restored antique fire truck inside. A restored early 1940s-era red caboose also can be seen.
Hoffman Hall includes an antique printing press, collections of military equipment, scales and western artifacts. The Heritage Center features displays on earth sciences and fluorescents. The Carlson Cultural Center displays rotating exhibits.