Historic Fall River Hydroplant is 3 mi. w. on US 34 following signs to 1754 Fish Hatchery Rd. Built on the Fall River in 1909, this plant introduced electricity to the region and made the landmark Stanley Hotel the first in the nation to run entirely on electricity. The plant, which operated until damaged by a 1982 flood, has been restored to period. Original equipment and hands-on museum exhibits depict its operation as well as local history.