Old Lighthouse Museum

7 Water St.
Stonington, CT 06378- Map It
Phone: (860) 535-1440

AAA Editor Notes

Old Lighthouse Museum is at 7 Water St. This quaint-looking tower with an attached keeper's house was built in 1840 using stone from an earlier lighthouse that had been threatened by erosion from the sea. Maintained by the Stonington Historical Society since 1925, the lighthouse contains ship models, whaling and naval battle gear, a China trade exhibit, oil portraits of local sea captains and their wives and children's toys. Climb the circular stone stairway to the top of the tower; on clear days there are views of three states. Guided walking tours of Stonington Village are offered throughout the summer.
(includes the Captain Nathaniel B. Palmer House) $9; $6 (ages 6-12); $25 (family). Rates may vary; phone ahead.
Hours: Thurs.-Tues. 10-5, May-Oct.