AAA Editor Notes
Lewes Historical Society, at Shipcarpenter and Third sts., encompasses 12 historic structures. Among the buildings are Thompson Country Store, a furnished 19th-century store moved from a site near Milford; Plank House, a tiny one-room log cabin built before 1700; and the 1789 Burton-Ingraham House, furnished with Chippendale and Empire antiques. Ryves Holt House, at Second and Mulberry streets, contains the visitor center. Tours depart the Ryves Holt House, 218 Second St.
Time: Allow 1 hour, 30 minutes minimum.