AAA Editor Notes
New Castle Court House Museum is at 211 Delaware St. between Market and Third sts. Built in 1732, the courthouse was occupied by the Colonial Assembly until 1776; was the site of the adoption of Delaware's first constitution on Sept. 20, 1776; and served as the state's first capitol until 1777. It has been restored to its Colonial appearance and contains portraits, artifacts and furnishings relating to Delaware history.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.