AAA Editor Notes
Original Ticket Office, at the Battery on the s. side of Delaware St., was part of the now defunct New Castle and Frenchtown Railway. One of the first in the nation, the 1832 office marked the eastern terminus of the line. It was moved to its present site in the 1950s. Nearby is a section of reconstructed track with wooden rails pegged to stone sleepers, the forerunner of wooden railroad ties. The interior of the structure is not accessible.