The Green

Delaware St. & Third St.
New Castle, DE 19720- Map It
(302) 323-4453

AAA Editor Notes

The Green, on Delaware St. between Third and Market sts., was laid out by Peter Stuyvesant in 1655. The Green and adjacent Market Square were the sites of fairs and weekly markets until the early 19th century. An 1809 U.S. arsenal and the 1798 New Castle Academy are on The Green.