AAA Editor Notes
Kalmar Nyckel Foundation is at 1124 E. Seventh St., adjacent to Fort Christina Park. The Kalmar Nyckel is a re-creation of the ship that brought the first European settlers to the Delaware Valley in 1638. The ship is usually in the shipyard for maintenance November through April. During sailing season, it rotates between the shipyard and docks at Kalmar Nyckel Shipyard and Dravo Plaza in Wilmington, Del., as well as docks at Lewes, Del., and other ports along the East Coast.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.