Belmont-Paul Women's Equality National Monument is at 144 Constitution Ave. at 2nd St. N.E.; the entrance is on 2nd St. It has been the headquarters of the National Woman's Party since 1929. The original structure was built in 1750; the main house was added in 1799. It contains antique furniture, party memorabilia and portraits of women who played major roles in the women's suffrage campaign.
On Apr. 12, 2016, President Obama designated this historic house a national monument. The new designation recognizes National Woman's Party benefactor Ava Belmont and party founder and chief strategist Alice Paul.