Supreme Court of Justice (Suprema Corte de Justicia) is just s. of the National Palace at Pino Suárez and Corregidora. Built between 1935 and 1941 at the site of ancient Plaza del Volador, this building has a sober exterior, but the interior features an interesting set of staircases leading to the Hall of Lost Steps (Salón de los Pasos Perdidos), which contains two José Clemente Orozco murals depicting workers' rights, nationalism and concepts of justice.
Calle Corregidora runs between the court building and the National Palace. Prior to the Spanish conquest a canal traversed this area, part of a system that connected Tenochtitlan to other Aztec centers around Lake Texcoco. Today Corregidora is a pedestrian-only thoroughfare filled with vendor stalls.
Free self-guiding audio tour devices are available in English, Spanish and French; after passing through courthouse security, request one at the front information desk.