Kingsley Plantation, 11676 Palmetto Ave., is part of the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve. This 19th-century cotton plantation was operated 1813-39 by Zephaniah Kingsley. It is one of the last remaining examples of the plantation system of territorial Florida. The main house and the remains of 23 slave cabins are visible. Interpretive displays reflect 19th-century plantation life. An audio tour is available.