Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, 205 Whitehead St., is the restored home of noted harbor pilot Capt. John Geiger. The site honors John James Audubon who painted the wildlife of the Florida Keys in 1832. Chippendale furniture and Staffordshire pottery are among the 18th- and 19th-century furnishings. Original Audubon engravings are displayed. Tropical gardens feature exotic native plants. A 19th-century replica cookhouse also is on the grounds.