AAA Editor Notes
San Marcos de Apalache Historic State Park, off SR 363, 1 mi. s.w. to 148 Old Fort Rd., displays Native American, Spanish and Civil War artifacts. The interpretive center is on the site of a fort built by the Spanish in 1679 at the confluence of the Wakulla and St. Marks rivers and later occupied by English, Confederate and Federal troops. Outside are a military cemetery and the remains of the fort and earthworks.
Picnicking is permitted.