Mission San Luis, 2100 W. Tennessee St., is on a hilly, oak-shaded site and features reconstructed buildings, including a Native American council house, a fort, a Spanish dwelling, and a Franciscan church and friary. The Apalachee-Spanish village was the western capital of Spanish Florida 1656-1704. Living-history guides demonstrate 17th-century life. Special events and workshops are offered throughout the year. A visitor center has exhibits, a gift shop and a 125-seat orientation theater.
Pet friendly (call for restrictions/fees.). Picnicking is permitted.