University of Tampa, 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., was established in 1931 and serves approximately 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Encompassing 110 riverfront acres, the modern and historic downtown campus centers around Plant Hall, the former Tampa Bay Hotel. The Victorian-style building exemplifies Moorish revival architecture with minarets, domes and cupolas. The hotel was built in 1891 by transportation magnate Henry B. Plant, who was instrumental in the reconstruction of the South. The non-denominational Sykes Chapel and Center for Faith and Values, built in 2010, features a built-in Dobson pipe organ.
Campus tours are arranged through the Office of Admissions when school is in session. Closed Jan. 1, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, day after Christmas, Dec. 30 and campus holidays. Allow 30 minutes minimum.