Ybor City is bounded n. by 12th Ave., s. by Adamo Dr., e. by 26th St. and w. by Nebraska Ave. Ybor City was established by Don Vicente Martinez Ybor in 1886. Ybor moved his Key West cigar manufacturing business to the Tampa area to escape political and labor unrest resulting from the Cuban Freedom Movement. It soon became the Cigar Capital of the World, producing millions of cigars each year. By the 1960s, the cigar industry had waned, primarily due to the Cuban tobacco embargo.
The city is a busy entertainment district with strong Latin influences in music, food and culture. The historic district features cigar factories, shops and restaurants on brick streets lined with globe lampposts. Guided walking tours are available for a fee through Ybor City Museum State Park.
Guided tours are available. Food is available.