AAA Editor Notes
Founders Memorial Garden, 325 S. Lumpkin St. on the University of Georgia campus, honors the founders of the first garden club in America, begun in 1891. The 2.5-acre grounds, created 1939-1950, include a formal boxwood garden, a perennial garden, an arboretum, two courtyards and a terrace. This garden is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.