AAA Editor Notes
Taylor-Grady House is at 634 Prince Ave. The restored Greek Revival mansion was built in the mid-1840s by Gen. Robert Taylor, a planter and cotton merchant. In 1863 it was purchased by the family of Henry W. Grady, a newspaper editor considered by many to be the spokesman of the New South. An impressive orator, Grady stressed the importance of reconciliation between the North and South after the Civil War.