AAA Editor Notes
The Georgia Museum of Art is at 90 Carlton St. on the East Campus of the University of Georgia. The museum was founded in 1945 when Alfred H. Holbrook donated his collection of 100 American paintings to the university.
Now the collection contains more than 8,000 works including 19th-century through contemporary American paintings, Italian Renaissance paintings and an extensive collection of prints and drawings by American, European and Oriental masters. An outdoor sculpture garden displays works created by women artists.
Food is available Tues.-Fri. 10-2.
Food is available. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.