AAA Editor Notes
Rhodes Hall, 1516 Peachtree St. N.W., was constructed in 1904 for Atlanta businessman A.G. Rhodes. Inspired by European castles, the mansion is made primarily of granite from nearby Stone Mountain. A series of painted and stained-glass windows reflecting historic events of the Confederacy surrounds the carved mahogany staircase. Original pieces of furniture are displayed. The building also houses the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
Guided tours are available.