Madison-Morgan Cultural Center is at 434 S. Main St. (US 441). This 1895 Romanesque Revival brick building was one of the first graded public schools in the South. Today it is a nonprofit performing and visual arts center. The center contains a museum of Piedmont history with regional artifacts, displays of decorative arts and a circa 1875 Winship and Brother cotton gin; a restored early 20th-century classroom; an arts and crafts room; the original school auditorium, restored and now used for performing arts events and educational programs; and three art galleries with changing exhibits. The Boxwood Parlor is an exact replica of an 1850 Rococo Renaissance parlor, right down to the original furnishings.