Midway Church

US 17 & Martin Rd.
Midway, GA 31320- Map It

AAA Editor Notes

Midway Church, next door to Midway Museum on US 17 and Martin Rd., was founded in 1752 by Puritans who moved to the area seeking land grants and religious freedom and became missionaries. This 1792 building is a replica of the original church, burned during the Revolution, complete with a slave gallery and high pulpit. From its congregation came Lyman Hall and Button Gwinnett, two signers of the Declaration of Independence; two Revolutionary War generals; and a U.S. senator.
Free.
Hours: The cemetery can be visited Tues.-Sat. 10-4. The keys for the church are available only at the Midway Museum Tues.-Sat. 10-4. Closed major holidays.