AAA Editor Notes
Old Fort Jackson, 3 mi. e. via President St., was built between 1808 and 1812. On the banks of the Savannah River and surrounded by a moat, the fort is the oldest remaining brickwork fort in Georgia. Exhibits depict the history of the fort's construction and its garrison during the War of 1812 and the Civil War.
Interpretive presentations and cannon firings take place throughout the year.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.