The Crescent, 904 N. Patterson St., is a stately neoclassical mansion with a crescent-shaped tile and marble porch supported by 13 columns representing the 13 original Colonies. The 23-room 1898 house built by Sen. W.S. West is furnished in period. The house has a large ballroom and orchestra room, ornate woodwork, numerous fireplaces and a wide, curving stairway. An octagonal kindergarten schoolhouse, a chapel and eight gardens complete the complex.