AAA Editor Notes
Fort Louis Delgrès is near the village of Gourbeyre off Rue Charles Houel. The fortification, also known as Fort Saint-Charles, was built about 1650 by Charles Houel, the island governor appointed Marquis de Guadeloupe by Louis XIV. Guarding the approach to Basse-Terre, the fort served in several battles against the British. French officers General Richpance and Admiral Gourbeyre are buried on the premises.

Guided tours are available.

Admission
Free.
Hours
Tues.-Sun. 9-4:30. Guided tours depart Wed.-Thurs. and Sat. 9:30-11:30.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in Basse-Terre, 99
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in Basse-Terre, 99