Painted Church (St. Benedict’s Church), off SR 160 at 84-5140 Painted Church Rd., was built in 1899 and continues to hold services. Flamboyant murals depict biblical stories and painted palm fronds and stars adorn the ceiling and upper walls. The first priests, using ordinary house paints, created a way of visually teaching the congregation. If services are in progress visitors should wait until their conclusion to enter.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.