review category group of friends
Pros: 1)The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable.
2) The room has a small refrigerator and safe that were both handy to have (but no microwave).
3) Parking is no more expensive here than anywhere else in Waikiki ($25/d) and parking spaces were plentiful when we used the garage.
4) We arrived at 0900 in the morning, well before the 1500 hr check-in. We stopped at the Valet Desk to ask about storing our luggage. Doug, who was working the desk that day, introduced himself and offered to help us. We tried to get our luggage from the car ourselves, but he protested, saying that we were on vacation. He found out we were going to go on an ATV ride--in the rain-- so he told us to hold on and ran back inside and got us 4 towels, telling us we might need to dry off after the ride. He was so welcoming that he set the tone for our entire visit. Doug is a tremendous asset to the hotel. I went to the front desk to inquire about an employee feedback form, but they didn't have any, so told me that he would see it if we posted it on TripAdvisor. THANK YOU, DOUG! You really made an impression!
5) There is a handy ABC store on the first floor outside the Beach Tower.
Cons: 1) Because of construction at the hotel, the Beach Tower pool and laundry were unavailable. The pool in the Ocean Tower was a small, long pool (similar to a lap pool) insufficient for the number of guests in that tower alone, much less as a temporary place for the entire hotel.
2) The main restaurant in the hotel was closed, which left a small cafe outside which primarily served beverages, pastries, and a few sandwiches and salads.
3) There are no microwaves in the room, nor are any available for use. There are, however, microwaves available for rent. There should at least be a room set aside with a microwave or two for use while the restaurant is closed.