AAA Editor Notes
Central Idaho Historical Museum is at 1001 State St. The 4-acre complex features seven structures erected by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1937 for the Southern Idaho Timber Protective Association (SITPA). A self-guiding tour highlights the buildings, including The Pump House and The Machine Shop, as well as mining equipment, a lookout tower and a statue honoring the CCC.
Guided tours of the seven-bedroom Fire Warden's House, entirely completed using hand tools, also are offered.
Picnicking is permitted. Time: Allow 45 minutes minimum.