AAA Editor Notes
The Richard H. Driehaus Museum is at 40 E. Erie St. Housed in the palatial mansion of the original owner, banker Samuel Mayo Nickerson (1830-1914), the museum presents original wood walls, granite columns, ornate ceilings, stained glass windows, marble staircases and dramatic chandeliers, in addition to period furnishings, a sculpture gallery and special exhibitions.
An audio tour is available.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 2 hours minimum.