Old Market House State Historic Site

123 N. Commerce St.
Galena, IL 61036- Map It
(815) 777-3310

AAA Editor Notes

Old Market House State Historic Site, at 123 N. Commerce St. in Market Square, was built in 1845 and is one of the oldest remaining market houses in the Midwest. Until 1936 it also served as a city hall and public meeting place. The restored building contains an exhibit about Pres. Ulysses S. Grant.
Donations.
Hours: Daily 9-5. Closed Jan. 1, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Phone ahead to confirm schedule and holiday hours.