Metamora Courthouse State Historic Site

113 E. Partridge St.
Metamora, IL 61548- Map It
(309) 367-4470

AAA Editor Notes

Metamora Courthouse State Historic Site, off SR 116 at 113 E. Partridge St., was built in 1845 of bricks fired in Metamora and timbers cut nearby. Abraham Lincoln, traveling the Eighth Judicial Circuit, practiced law in the courthouse 1845-58. The courtroom has original furnishings and the museum displays period items. Guided tours are available.
Donations.
Hours: Tues.-Sat. 1-5, Mar.-Oct.; noon-4, rest of year. Closed major holidays. Phone ahead to confirm schedule and holiday hours.