The Colonel Davenport House is on the n. shore of Arsenal Island on Hillman Ave.; visitors should use the Moline entrance to Arsenal Island. The Federal-style house was built in 1833 by Col. George Davenport, the first settler in the area and the town's namesake. The house is thought to be the oldest in the Quad Cities.
Note: Over age 18 must present a valid state-issued identification card, driver’s license or valid U.S. passport to enter Arsenal Island. Visitors from the states of Minnesota, Missouri and Washington are required to present a second form of identification.