La Porte County Historical Society Museum is at 2405 Indiana Ave. Three floors of exhibits feature a pioneer log cabin housing items owned by the settlers of La Porte; a re-created block of Victorian storefronts, including a parlor housing elaborately crafted and decorated furniture from the mid-1800s; and the W.A. Jones Collection of Ancient Weapons, which consists of more than 1,000 pieces from such places as Cairo, Constantinople, Jerusalem and Mexico City.
Sports memorabilia and collections of antique dolls, pianos, porcelain, toys, agricultural items and vintage clothing also may be seen. The Kesling Automobile Collection displays such vehicles as a 1903 Winton, a 1910 Velie and a 1948 Tucker Torpedo. Other exhibits depict a Victorian dining room, a dentist's office with an X-ray machine used as early as 1937, the history of the La Porte garment industry and memorabilia from the 1920s. A research library also is on the premises.