AAA Editor Notes
Dr. William D. Hutchings Office and Hospital is at 120 W. Third St. Dr. Hutchings practiced medicine in this two-story, four-room Greek Revival building from 1882 until his death in 1903. The building served as the first and only hospital in the Ohio River Valley between Louisville and Cincinnati until 1889. After the doctor's death, his office and hospital were closed and left untouched until 1969. The rooms contain original furnishings, medical instruments and books.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.