AAA Editor Notes
Culbertson Mansion State Historic Site is 9 blks. e. at 914 E. Main St. Visitors are taken on a guided tour of this French Second Empire-style mansion, which was owned by 19th-century entrepreneur and philanthropist William S. Culbertson. Furnished in period, the 1869 house has such Victorian effects as hand-painted ceilings, Italian marble fireplaces and elaborate woodwork, including a three-story mahogany and rosewood staircase.
Guided tours are available.