Indiana Territory Capitol

1 W. Harrison St.
Vincennes, IN 47591- Map It
(812) 882-7422

AAA Editor Notes

Indiana Territory Capitol is at 1 W. Harrison St. Also known as the Red House, this building served as the territory's first capitol. The two-story frame structure, held together by wooden pegs, was built about 1805. It housed a series of businesses before it became the home of the General Assembly 1811-13.
(Includes Fort Knox II and the Elihu Stout Print Shop) $6; $5 (ages 60+); $3 (ages 3-17).
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 9-5. Closed major holidays.