The Print Shop of Elihu Stout is next to the territorial capitol. This is a replica of Stout's first print shop. Stout was brought to Vincennes by Territorial Governor William Henry Harrison to print the laws enacted by the legislature. His newspaper—the Indiana Gazette, established in 1804—and his printing press were the first in the Indiana Territory. The wooden printing press displayed is an original Adam Ramage Printing Press, the same type used by Stout.