AAA Editor Notes
Dubuque Shot Tower is on the riverfront and can be accessed through the Port of Dubuque via E. 3rd or E. 5th sts. Built by gunsmith George W. Rogers in 1856 for molding lead shot, the tower is 120 feet tall and one of only a few left in the country. The base is made of native limestone, and the top 38-foot section is brick. The Standard Lumber Co. purchased the tower in 1881 and used it as a watch tower until the interior was destroyed by fire in 1911. The tower may be viewed from the outside only.
Guided tours are available by reservation.
Guided tours are available.