Froelich Museum & 1890's Village is 7.4 mi. w. on US 18 to Hickory Ave./CR X32, then .4 mi. on Froelich Rd. to 24397 Froelich Rd. The museum occupies the restored 1891 Ironclad Store, so named because of the fireproof siding that fended off sparks from passing steam engines. Once a freight depot, post office and gathering place, the store now exhibits many items from the past. Among displays is a half-scale working replica of the first successful gasoline tractor invented by John Froelich, founder of the Waterloo Gasoline Traction Engine Co. later acquired by Deere & Company.
A smaller-scale grain semi-truck display, blacksmith shop, railroad depot, 1866 one-room rural school and 1903 vintage barn are on the grounds. The annual Fall-Der-All festival is held the last weekend in Sept.